Friday 26 June 2020

Profound Opinions?

As we're deep into breeding season when birds are better left alone, I thought I'd post a few more thoughts on...opinions.

We all have one right...and we're entitled to it. You're entitled to mine!

You only have to look on Twitter/Facebook (I really try to limit my participation to bird news) to see the seething vitriole that can be spouted forth. Frightening really and a sad indictment of certain sections of the population. The other side of the coin, thankfully, is informed and balanced input plus humour of course!

Here am I daring to pontificate about numerous topics on my little Blog. If you're reading it...I'm genuinely flattered. Hope you're still with me Tim...despite the new format?

Last word/s on the "travelling to twitch" topic. It 's (still) amazing (at least to me) how people view things so differently. In a nutshell...people will justify their movements to suit themselves. Hypocritical behaviour abounds in this scenario...as in many others. It seems the British public can be trusted!!!?

This is how busy Brighton beach was today
My idea of hell...anytime!!!
Keep your distance?

No sports crowds, no concerts attendance but the above is...allowed! Two words spring to mind, (actually there's a few more that I refuse to use on here).

My problem is this. The good people who adhere to the "advice" end up feeling like...mugs. Albeit safer mugs. This applies to "the Tern"...last mention promise. I'm certain some twitchers would have loved to have dashed across to Ireland to see it...but didn't for reasons already aired. Some did and many endorsed their decision. "Go on chaps...fill yer boots" or words to that effect. There you go...or rather they go!

Thing is, the bird is breeding and will remain well into next month when restrictions will ease. Followers will know my mantra..."ASAP". I guess it depends how you define possible?

Tomorrow ABA Big Year Birding...

2 comments: