Saturday 6 June 2020

Sloooow days

The weather has taken a turn for the worse ...as we enter "Summer time"!  I think I can (fairly) safely say...Spring is OVER!?


June 6th...a landmark day in Rare Bird Folklore...and World History!!!


1990TREE SWALLOW -  First for Britain on Scilly. Before my time.

2007WHITE-TAILED LAPWING -  I remember leaving hastily after School with a rather eccentric Science teacher that I hardly knew. An eventful journey including a large traffic jam at Appleby on the A66 due to the fair. We made it eventually though.

2008CITRIL FINCH -  Out of reach on Fair Isle...since added.

2011WHITE-THROATED ROBIN -  Arguably the craziest twitch of all. I ended up being invited to stand on a transit van roof, peering into the Doctor's garden! Unfortunately the windscreen couldn't cope with the weight...not just mine!

I'm still virtual Birding at present. Many great memories being enjoyed from the armchair. Definitely a period of reflection for me. I've saved a fortune...

No comments: