Wednesday 24 June 2020

Memories

Scorcher today...very nice indeed. The "Beast from the East" seems a long way away...thankfully. Nothing of significance to report bird-wise locally.

Still enjoying transferring my Bird Recorder records to eBird for posterity. I've only got 33 years of records to move. I may overlook the odd Blue Tit record! As I trawl through my sightings, some great memories are re-kindled. A couple of examples...


  • 2010...My British List stood at 471. I as well pleased with that total. I wouldn't have predicted another 51 species in the next 10 years...diminishing returns and all that.

  • A prediction from the same year. I've since seen 4 of the 5 birds. My speculation regarding CAPE MAY WARBLER miraculously came to fruition in 2013. BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO was another dream addition in 2016. Feel free to click the links for the full story. So, only PARULA to fall. I'm confident I'll get a chance, hopefully on St Mary's whilst I'm in residence!



More (predictable) online fun regarding "the Irish Tern" I've aired my views. Entitlement is strong...but sometimes misguided...

No comments: