Tuesday 7 May 2019

Texas 19 - Reflections

My daily log somewhat faded out on this trip. Must be a sign of age I guess lol!

No matter. More important to experience and enjoy! We certainly did that. Facts and figures later but again that won't be the main theme of this report. I'll post some of my better efforts with the camera to give a flavour of the trip and brighten things up.

I was very satisfied with how things went. I succeeded with my two main targets, adding Cape May Warbler and Bobolink to my Texas list, obtaining great, prolonged views of both. A late, if uninspiring Greater Black-backed Gull at Bolivar Flats took my Texas list to 471.

Some days deserve a decent write up, so I'll be giving them special attention to hopefully convey the full extent of the experience. Inevitably, there'll be some repetition (I'm not that clever) but hopefully not too much.

Time to get on with it...



No comments: