Sunday 12 May 2019

Texas 19 - Hill Country (3)

My final day in the Hills started at Kerr WMA. Once again I was looking for Black-capped Vireo and Golden-cheeked Warbler...and once again I failed! I did get a brief view of the latter with Martin...but today...not a sound or sight of either. Puzzling really, as I was at a prime site from dawn till 9.30am. That's Birding!?

I returned to the Motel and we checked out and headed back to Lost Maples. Rather warm by now (30C) at 11am, so we opted for a shaded spot on a bench by the...feeders (I know!). Lark Sparrow shone again...


I had some fun trying to photograph a (well-named) White-eyed Vireo...




The light makes the birds positively glow...

Blue Grosbeak
My only view of the recently split Woodhouse's Scrub-Jay was here...


So that was that. After lunch we started to make the journey back to Galveston...

No comments: