Due to an administrative error by yours truly I didn't have to return home from my Mother's as early on Monday. So I had a lie in. The down side of this was I then entered the M62 car park...for an hour and a half!
I eventually arrived at NDC around Noon to discover the Spotted Flycatcher was still present. I enjoyed even better views in bright sunshine.
Yesterday I returned, arriving at 11. No sign of the SF. Still hoping to add Whinchat or Wheatear but alas no joy. Nothing on the Scrape except a pair of eclipse Mallards and 3 Pied Wagtails. Alas no Yellow...still. I then had a "Sign of Winter" sighting in the form of c100 Lapwings at the far end of the Reserve by the River. Obviously "fresh in ".
The fields have been covered in Corvids the past few weeks. As I was scanning to the left of the Hide I noticed a lone Bird BUT it was bigger, much bigger. I had my first Raven...at long last!!!
This is my 174th record for the Reserve.
Again maybe my reward for more even coverage this Year? I like to think so.
Back on the Cliff this morning...
There's worse places to be. No sign of any PFG...yet...

No comments:
Post a Comment