Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Coverage

I did the "after the Lord Mayor's Show" routine this morning by driving down to Kilnsea... just in case!?

Unsurprisingly no joy. It did give me time to play the Hindsight card. Maybe a gamble on the SE wind yesterday would have been prudent. I forgot my SD card anyway lol! I would have obviously ticked the Bird for my Yorkshire List but as I reflect at my advanced age there's something not quite as satisfying as seeing a Bird "in the field" No sour grapes you understand. I left at 10.

On the way bayI stopped off at the Gas Terminal and scored with a Wheatear.

The rest of the morning was spent at the Sewage. Further Wildfowl arrival was noted. I managed to pick a Pintail (H.90) out from the Wigeon and Teal. A few flocks of Dunlin flew South along the beach and a lone Ringed Plover alighted briefly. It was nice to see some Redwings arriving also.

The afternoon was spent searching for a Yellow-browed Warbler without success. I tried quite a few spots in the Village including the Churchyard...


I finished off at Old Hive enjoying the incredible weather...


A few Redwings and Song Thrushes came "in off" but nothing else of note. I tried!


No comments: