Thursday 1 July 2021

Bempton

After yesterdays excitement I thought I'd post a few images of some of the other stars. I NEVER tire of my trips here. To have this mainland Seabird colony "just up the road" is truly a blessing. A "double whammy" this year with the superstar present. Everbody likes to see a Puffin...and why not...but the Razorbill is my favourite...


The Darth Vader of Auks...


The increase in Gannet numbers over the years has been quite remarkable...and very pleasing...



No sign of the BIG 1 today sadly. So much for my prediction! Hopefully it will return to give further pleasure to many? The chance to see a Southern Hemisphere species of such quality in Britain is truly exceptional.

Reflecting on yesterday and without wanting to labour the point (hopefully), the image I snatched through the vegetation, from along the footpath with only a few seconds to react, was one of my better moments...and my little cameras...


An indelible memory...

No comments: