Saturday 3 July 2021

ORIENTAL TURTLE DOVE

I was enduring a rather boring Euro quarter final yesterday evening when things suddenly got far more exciting!

17.40: MEGA E.Yorks ORIENTAL TURTLE DOVE Easington

I love my Football but...

When I arrived it turned out the bird had been seen in a Birders garden but had been flushed by an irate neighbour who doesn't share our interest! The hopefuls waited outside but time passed and no further sign after around an hour. Another even louder bang didn't help matters!! A peaceful pursuit.

Then...much relief as it was re-located nearby and all present happily connected. A rather large Yorkshire (394) and Spurn Tick (315)

As mentioned previously, strategically placing myself adjacent to this hotspot was a shrewd move...even though I say so myself!

Another juicy cherry-pick. Proving once again that birds can turn up anywhere. Must get some more seed.

A big thank you to the locals for their help.

Update: 

13.51: E.Yorks ORIENTAL TURTLE DOVE still Easington on Vicar's Lane

There you go...

No comments: