Wednesday 14 July 2021

Summer

First day of Summer here today!!! Anyway, I made the most of it by sorting the garden out. It's going to be a short season this year. We deserved better after the last 18 months.

Not much Birding then but a detour to the Sewage on the way to Tesco revealed a couple of lingering Sandwich Terns (adult and juvenile). The tide was coming in, so I waited a while and they were pushed towards me as I had hoped...



Eventauly (again as I had hoped for) they ran out of beach and took off...


More evidence of Scoter movement with 11 North.

On the MEGA scene...The EGYPTIAN VULTURE has re-appeared in Northern Island. I don't "DO" Ireland but there's still hope of a connection if it wanders East? The BLACK-BROWED ALBATROSS is still at Bempton intermittently and I'd love to see it again. Maybe Friday if it's still around. The ELEGANT TERN seems to be liking the colony at Cemlyn...maybe paired up?


No comments: