Saturday 1 February 2020

January

I've always thought of November as the "worst" month but I'm leaning more towards January these days. At least the former has the remnants of migration although the decreasing daylight will never be a plus. January has the new list advantage.... but that's about it really. It just feels er...dead.

Anyway... my totals...

Holmpton 45
Patch 77
Duff 36

So, February. We should get some signs of Spring, although the Thrushes have already made a tune or two. The first singing Skylark can't be too far away. Always a joy.

It has been VERY encouraging to see the number of Barn Owls present on the Patch. Well into double figures at different locations. Buzzards are common now but shouldn't be taken for granted.

A Black-throated Thrush has been found over the Humber in Grimsby. As I'm still deep in my car transition I won't be paying a visit any time soon.

More rain forecast tomorrow after a windy spell that had dried things up somewhat! Hoping to get out for a walk at sometime...





No comments: