Wednesday 12 February 2020

A couple of hours at NDC

No rushing today. I trundled through Hull (you have too) and arrived at NDC around 10...to an unusually busy car park? A group visit. I didn't fancy a crowded hide so I amused myself on the phone for a while until they left.

It was bright...but still very breezy. The plus side to this was a large group of Whooper Swans tucked in out of the wind in the south-east corner close to Garganey Hide. This would have afforded a great opportunity for some decent pics...if I hadn't forgotten my cameara!!
THE bird of the session was a beautiful drake Goosander. I only saw it for a few seconds but a great addition to the Year list (scarce here). A modest 27 species seen withother highlights being 2 Marsh Harriers and c100 Pintail...as well as the Whooper Swans of course. As I left i bumped into Elaine from the Village. It was nice to see her again. She told me she'd seen 2 Red Kites earlier! Maybe I should have braved the hide.

I arrived home around 3 and took Bud to the field opposite the Cottage. A Barn Owl has been present for a few days now,in fact I saw it a sI left this morning. It was present again...


I enjoyed great views as I exercised ma boy...


Just a flavour...it was 4.55pm.

Just one more pic from earlier in the week taken during my Snakey Lane yomp. A group of Wood Pigeons took flight but one remained...it was a Stock Dove totally unconcerned by my presence...


No comments: