Sunday 30 September 2018

Up and running...with a BAIRD'S SANDPIPER!

Having to use a mobile keyboard at the moment while I wait for my replacement...from China! It seems I may have spilt something on it...surely not! At least I can now post some pearls of wisdom!?

Ridiculously quiet at the moment. Hardly surprising with all the Westerlies pushing the migrating Eurasian birds way to the east. It doesn't look great for the East Coast for the foreseeable future. On the other hand...maybe something tasty from the Nearctic...

Update: I received a tweet from Frank Moffat mid-afternoon showing a photograph of a group of Birders looking at a BAIRD'S SANDPIPER at Easington Lagoons...apparently! No news on the info' channels? I left the tense situation that was the Ryder Cup and headed down the road. Confirmation soon followed. Around 20 minutes later I was looking at Spurn's first BAIRD'S SANDPIPER and a Spurn tick (305) to boot.

Still managed to get back for the closing holes...and victory for Europe!




No comments: