Monday 10 September 2018

Tidy up

Just been looking through the pics taken recently. Missed a few I intended to post. So here they are...

I sneaked this pic of a Peregrine as I was just about to enter the house at dusk last Sunday...


It flew across the field opposite and was disappearing over the trees when I grabbed my camera and fired a shot off. Again, I'm amazed how well modern cameras can perform...and very glad they do!

The GWE continues, although it can be absent for long periods...at least during my intermittent visits...

Feeding well!
A bit of confusion down at Spurn over the Migfest weekend. I received a message around 8.10 informing me a Corncrake had been seen in the triangle...a potential Spurn tick!  was parking up by 8.40 and making my way along the footpath south behind Cliff Farm. A sizable crowd had already formed with many telescopes trained on the field in question. One of the guides (yellow cap) offered me a look through his scope. I glimpsed a silhouette which soon disappeared. More Birders were arriving rapidly and t was becoming manic to be honest...so I departed.

It later transpired that a Corncrake had indeed been seen...but it wasn't the bird at the rear of the field....which was a Pheasant!!! Another example of mass hallucination...at least initially. Happens now and again. No big deal. I've done it!

Still buzzing from the views of the Wryneck and Pomarine Skua. Two decisions I got correct...

No comments: