Saturday 29 April 2017

Things are warming up...in more ways than one!

After a HERMIT THRUSH on North Ronaldsay and a hoax AMERICAN ROBIN we now have a female RED-WINGED BLACKBIRD on Orkney, namely North Ronaldsay.

I'm still very keen but selective...as already stated. Recent acceptances have frankly stunned me but there we go! I still tow the line. I won't be going for this one though. HBW lists only ONE record beyond mainland US and that was in Bermuda! I turned down the CHESTNUT BUNTING and that was accepted, I may pay the price again. So be it. A significant sum will only be spent on what I consider to be a bona fide bird. Who cares anyway...I don't. I'll never be top of the league...I won't even make the Premiership!

...............................................................................

I heard the SAVI'S WARBLER at Spurn today but unsurprisingly, no view was obtained. I also saw my first Cuckoo (P.103, S.62) of the year. 3 more Grey Partridge seen closely at Out Newton was a nice record.

No comments: