Sunday 23 April 2017

GWE

A touch of local action this morning...unfortunately I missed all the fun. Gavin had an Osprey over his garden in Withernsea, not a bad record! I was on the beach at the runnel with Louise and Bud. It probably flew over my head! I did manage a couple of Wheatears...


Gavin also informed me he was pretty sure he'd "had" a Long-eared Owl at Out Newton. I had a token peep but there was some police activity in the area, so I left it. 

Another token visit was made early morning to Kilnsea Wetlands on the report of a Great White Egret. Again a quick peep revealed nothing. A more determined effort was made mid-afternoon when I walked with Bud from Easington along the flood bank. I got lucky as the GWE (P.97, S.61) was in the nearest bay...

Nice size comparison.

I received uplifting news from Phil this evening. He saw a Turtle Dove at Frampton today...

No comments: