Sunday 30 April 2017

Perspectives

A blustery easterly today. Always stirs things up avian, especially at this time of year. We went for our usual Sunday morning beach walk. Louise managing a faster pace than yours truly. Exhilarating!

Mass movement of Arctic and Black Terns due to the easterly. I couldn't find any! I did add Grey Plover (H.75) and a Bar-tailed Godwit (H.76) to my village year list. Any passing waders are gratefully accepted, as they don't linger in these here parts.

....................................................................................

I see the RED-WINGED BLACKBIRD is still present on North Ron. Congrats to all who have connected. You pays your money...and all that. I just can't see it (metaphorically) as a genuine migrant due to it's vagrant history and general behaviour. I DID travel to Lands End for a House Finch though! lol! That was some years ago and it was rejected. I put this in the same category...E.

I make my own decisions now...just a personal opinion, you understand.



No comments: