Monday 24 April 2017

Doing the rounds

I visited most of the usual haunts today on another poor day weather wise. Then again, this is the English east coast! Chance of a snow shower tomorrow. Cyprus birding seems a looooong time ago.

Anyway...started with Whitethroat (P.98, H.68) and Blackcap (P.99, H.69) on the initial dog walk. The cliff top produced the expected Linnets (P.100, H.70). Rather late additions I know!

The south of the area produced the Meadow Pipits (H.71) but no Sand Martins? They've more sense than hang around Old Hive in this weather.

After lunch a couple of Song Thrushes in the Vicarage were pleasing to see...



I found my first Lesser Whitethroat (P.101, H.72) and heard the characteristic sub-song. A couple of Wheatears were observed at Skeffling. Here's one of them...


I was hoping for a Cuckoo or maybe a Swift but no joy. On the way home I tried a new site, a slurry pit, hoping for a Yellow Wagtail (P.102, H.73). Bingo...

No comments: