Thursday 5 October 2023

...and Relax!

...for now? 

Stopped off on the way to "the Mother's" to try and get a pic of the Grey Phalarope at Hemingbrough. Fortunately it was still present, unfortunately it was tucked down in the NE corner of the pit and was extremely difficult to see at close quarters. I made my way around the path so I could see it clearly but I was much further away.

I spent a couple of hours at the Site but it wouldn't leave its favoured corner, so I had to make do with a distant record BOC shot...

Considering this Site is very close to where I used to live, I was surprised that I was completely unaware of it! There you go.

Having notched 4 out of 6 of the American Warblers I "needed" in the recent MEGA fall, it's time to reflect. More than happy with my haul, obviously!!!

There have been a few Tennessee Warblers but none suitable to chase for yours truly. Hopefully the run will continue? The Parula would have been nice, as it was probably my number one choice before the onslaught. Two to look forward too, maybe later this month?

Just a week to go now to our annual pilgrimage to the Fortunate Isles for a couple of weeks. Things will have to come to me, as I won't be going to them.

No comments: