Saturday 29 April 2023

On the Way

Back at the Ranch after a couple of days visiting Family in Bury and Leeds. Thursday morning I had a 3 hour session at Duff, to break the journey...you understand! Started well with an usually high, singing Willow Warbler...



The high water levels enabled better views of some of the Ducks...

Shoveler


Gadwall...a beautiful Species

Love is in the Air...


Still no luck with the Specialities but I managed 54 Species and 5 more Year Ticks. Namely...

Black-tailed Godwit
Whimbrel 5
Sand Martin c60
Goldfinch
Linnet

Haydn joined me and we had a good catch up after both visiting Cyprus. We had plenty to talk about. The Godwit and a single Whimbrel were on "the Bund" giving great views. The lone Whooper remained and looked healthy but obviously something is amiss? A drumming Snipe was also nice and the Common Tern remained. My Swift on the 27th theory didn't transpire. I'm determined to "get" Garganey this Year. I'll be over again on Tuesday. Time for a few Holmpy Ticks this Weekend...

Duff 86

No comments: