Sunday 16 April 2023

Back in the Saddle

Have to admit I find it more difficult to re-adjust after a Trip with each passing Year. It's like shopping at the Hypermarket then popping to the Convenience store!

However, it wouldn't be special if I was there all the time... would it? The Weather would always be better though ( it's been horrendous this week)...and the colour of the Birds! The old bones definitely felt better also in the higher temperatures.

Ah well, it's great to see my wonderful pets again.

I broke the ice with a 3 hour session at Duff on Friday, recording 8 Year Ticks and a Rare Site Record in the form of a pair of passing Common Scoters out on the flood...only my second record...

I was beaten to the sighting by Mark Fewster......who spotted them immediately as we entered Garganey Hide. We'd never met previously which is surprising as he lives in York. Also added...

Tufted Duck
Oystercatcher
Snipe
Swallow
Sedge Warbler
Blackcap
Chiffchaff 

We were joined by Elaine from the Village and Barry Bishop...a mini twitch! Nice that everyone connected with this rare sighting. The weather deteriorated by 1 (again) and I left for home.

I also added a couple of Holmpton ticks on the Tesco run. A Swallow (75) on the wires and a pair of Oystercatchers (76) on the Cliff at the Sewage.

The Snooker has just started. I usually miss it on my Texas Trips, so it will be nice to enjoy it in its entirety.

Duff 76
Holmpton 76

Synchronicity!

No comments: