Wednesday 8 June 2022

Texas 22 - Summary (2)

On this Post I thought I'd try to do a (reasonably) concise outline of the Species seen...and missed, overlooking the  "nailed on". I was open-minded about this Trip, having a decent amount of previous experience, I was hoping to mix previously visited Iconic Sites (of with a few new/less known ones. I feel this was also achieved. The intention is to give a  of the Birds available on a decent Visit to this wonderful State

Below is a List of Key Species seen. I've spiced it up with a few photos... 

Seen (photos posted smaller to keep post concise. (Click to enlarge, as always, )

Least Grebe
Yellow-billed Cuckoo...


Black-billed Cuckoo
Common Pauraque...


King Rail...


Purple Gallinule...


American Oystercatcher
Snowy Plover...


Upland Sandpiper
Buff-breasted Sandpiper...


MAGNIFICENT FRIGATEBIRD...


Anhingha...


LIMPKIN...


American Bittern...



Reddish Egret...


Mississippi Kite
Harris's Hawk
Ringed Kingfisher
Green Kingfisher...


Pileated Woodpecker...



Tropical Kingbird
Philadelphia Vireo
Fish Crow (Local)
Olive Sparrow
BOBOLINK
Audubon's Oriole
CAPE MAY WARBLER...


Cerulean Warbler
TOWNSEND WARBLER
PAINTED REDSTART
Painted Bunting

Missed
Groove-billed Ani
Hudsonian Godwit
Red Knot (scarce)
Glossy Ibis (scarce)
Swallow-tailed Kite
HOOK-BILLED KITE
Zone-tailed Hawk 
Barn Owl
Golden-winged Warbler
Canada Warbler

I ended up seeing 25 species of Warbler! My final Post will contain my Top 5 experiences from the Trip.

No comments: