Thursday 30 June 2022

Star Tern

After some deliberation I headed West then South this morning. A63 - M18 - A1. The Caspian Tern at Misson was seen first thing but had then flown off, so I continued down the A1 to try for the Great Reed Warbler at Langford Lowlands RSPB. As I passed the CT site news came through that it had returned, so I U-turned and headed back. Of course, on arrival I was greeted with the news that the Bird had disappeared again! I cleaned the inside of my car and waited.

I then started to walk the track to view the Reserve.

It was approaching Noon now and still no sign. A car pulled up, it was Lance Degnan. We had a chat for a while before he moved on. It was good to see him. Then some movement by a few Birders further down the track. The BIG one had returned. A class Bird. I had a play with my phonescope device, as the bird was c100 yds away. This was my best effort...

CASPIAN TERN

I continued down the A1 to try for the GRW. After a serious walk to the Site, I had a brief possible sighting in 90 minutes before returning home.

No comments: