Tuesday 28 June 2022

Quite a Day!

Things didn't pan out as intended but that's OK, in fact it enhanced the day. I was tempted to go for the Caspian Tern in North Notts but things changed with the discovery of an adult Isabelline - Turkestan/Red-tailed Shrike? Found by Bempton stalwart Trevor Charlton (reward for many hours in the field). The bird appeared after heavy rain and quickly vanished.

I figured it made sense to "be around" this morning. I gave it till 11 from 6.30 but no sign or news. Massive compensation came in the form of Alberto who performed magnificently. What a Bird!!!

On walking through the door on reaching home, news came through that the Shrike has been relocated!!! Oh dear I thought. 

Back I went...and connected after a brief scare. It seems I have a double tick...I think?!

More tomorrow...I'm knackered!

No comments: