Friday 4 June 2021

Local Gems

Rose early this morning (I know!) and headed for the Gas Terminal via Out Newton...for obvious reasons. No sign of yesterday's stars though. Still buzzing!

I continued to the Gas Terminal to exercise Bud. The weather felt like Summer, at long last. I'd decided to add a few long overdue Spurn ticks to my Year List. 

I started with great views of a Peregrine...I just managed to "catch"...


Heavy crop

This was the definite highlight of a four hour drive around the Spurn Area which included Easington and down to Sammy's (well nearly, as the car park is closed for sea defence work).

Other highlights were Cuckoo and Avocet (2 glimpsed on Kilnsea Wetlands). 48 species logged.

After lunch I tried another local site for Little Owl. I was in luck...




I also stumbled across a very obliging Yellow Wagtail...that even Bud didn't flush...


Maybe it was distracted or my stealth like approach paid off!

Stunner

Totally unconcerned...it was a privilege to be allowed this approach...we were going that way anyway...


They seem to be everywhere this year, which is just fantastic! Talking of close views, this busily feeding Oystercatcher was concentrating more on feeding than me...


The Summer-like morning disintergrated into a late Autumnish-like afternoon. The British weather eh!

No comments: