Sunday 6 June 2021

Boundaries

We have a couple of MEGAS present in the Country at the moment...

A RIVER WARBLER in Somerset at Ham Wall RSPB and a RED-NECKED STINT in Northumberland on the Blyth Estuary.

I've seen both before, due to my advanced age...

"My" RW was at Scotsman's Flash, Wigan 14/7/95. This was a rather chaotic experience which seemed great fun at the time...less so now.

"My" RNS was even earler at Cley, Norfolk 2/8/92. The Blacktoft Sands bird was just before I started Birding in 1986. That would have been a fine Yorkshire Tick!!

The RW is showing well and the RNS is in summer plumage, so I guess there's a reason to see both again...but I won't be travelling.

..........................................................................................

I bumped into Richard this morning and he told me he'd read my post regarding elastic recording areas! We've decided that the Bee-eaters ARE in our "Holmpton recording boundary"!

Tonight's evening stroll to the Cliff didn't produce any avian interest but I did see a sea creature. Harbour Porpoise I assume...


No comments: