Tuesday 29 June 2021

BBA 2

News broke late last night (thanks Rich) that ALBERT had returned to Bempton. No resurrection (as predicted) and absolutely superb news. After last year's ultimate moment, I decided to make the trip early doors to reacqaint myself...hopefully? A chat with Trevor last thing and a stonking pic from Thornwick Bay re-inforced my decision.

I left at 5.30am with my pal and after the maditory McDonald's stop in Brid I was at the Staple Nook viewpoint before 7...and the bird was showing albeit distantly over Elephant Rock. I had great views as it wheeled in and out of vision for around 20 minutes before it moved out to sea and landed.

My feelings were mixed having seen the bird already. Lovely to have a different perspective but NOTHING could match the adrenalin rush of last year...how could it!!!?

It was great for those who missed it last year to finally catch up...bet they'd had everything crossed all winter! A lot of familiar faces were obviously present. The bird was drifting East towards Thornwick Bay, so I drove round there to see what the access was like. Mistake...as the bird returned to Bempton. Never mind. It spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon drifting North this time, towards Filey. Always distant.

Hopefully it will settle this year giving everyone chance to see this magnificent bird at this superb location.

I left around 2 to prepare for the BIG game...I'll need too...

Update: E.Yorks BLACK-BROWED ALBATROSS ad Bempton Cliffs RSPB again 4.28pm flew East towards Bartlett Nab

It's back!


No comments: