Monday 17 May 2021

York Area Tick

Popped over to Heslington, York yesterday evening to try for the Savi's Warbler that had been present there for several days. I had an unsuccessful attempt early on Friday with Haydn. He connected but I arrived just too late and didn't want to waste the morning there, as the chances of it showing would diminish as the day progressed...I thought!

Anyway, I arrived after listening to the conclusion of Liverpool's remarkable win at West Brom! Amazing stuff!!! I joined the small group and waited. After around 10 minutes it "struck up" in the usual spot. Reedbed birds can obviously be a challenge, especially when there are plenty of Reed Warblers about. Eventually I had good, if brief, views of the bird.

I've had a "tot up" today using the "Old Thunderer". It appears this was my 217th bird for the York Recording Area. I'll share a top ten, pop pickers (you've probably noticed I like that one) later this week.

.....................................................................................

Today I had a few jobs to do but managed to get out late afternoon. I was surprised yet delighted to come across a Little Owl (P.109, H.104). A male Wheatear was also in the area.

Tomorrow, I'm on family visiting duty. I'll be over to the dark side via Leeds...and Duff...of course!

No comments: