Sunday 9 May 2021

Early and brief...then late

It's my Granddaughter's Rebecca's 3rd Birthday, so we were heading for Leeds. My lad needed some exercise first though, so I took him for a walk around the Cliff paddock.

As I reached the end of Seaside a bird was belting out a familiar rattle. Never easy to see but luckily this bird decided to reveal itself...when I didn't have my camera! So...I had an idea...I'll try my phone. I was around 10 yards away and my phone has a 4x zoom, which allowed me to get some kind of image...

Lesser Whitethroat

I also had a lone female Wheatear on a fencepost but the pic didn''t make it!

There was a major fall of Wheatears all along the Yorkshire Coast today so I decided to have a stroll down to the paddock last thing with Bud. Nothing apparent initially, then a male...

...then 2 females...here's one...


A couple of twilight shots! A big bonus came in the form of a Greenshank (P.99, H.97) flying over. Things got even better when 4 Swifts (P.100, H.98) appeared out of nowhere moving South. It turned out to be a good decision to leave the Footy!


No comments: