Friday 28 May 2021

Off Patch

Yesterday found me in Lincoln. The old girl needed a service...the car that is! I combined it with a trip out with Phil to Messingham Sand Quarry. Memories of GREEN HERON and a past life living in Scawby. After some initial roadworks hassle we arrived at the Reserve around 11. We enjoyed a nice stroll around a pleasant site for a couple of hours before returning to collect the car. It was good to see him and thanks for the help pal. Much appreciated!

Plenty of Reed Warblers present

Hadn't seen this for quite a while

The evening stroll to the Cliff was brightened (literally) by some of the locals taking in the evening sunshine (yes...sunshine)...



Today I made my last attempt of the month for my 2021 Garganey at NDC...I also FINALLY got my hair cut! No joy but a pleasant 3 hour session was had. The visit was notable more for the sounds than the sights with displaying Curlew, Lapwing and drumming Snipe...

Not easy to "catch"

Determination in a photo...

Good Luck!


The weather looks set fair for the forseeable, so let's hope we have some surpises in store over the Bank Holiday and into next week?

Had a peep at the Sub-Alpine Warbler sp at Spurn on the way home.


No comments: