Monday 11 January 2021

Late Memories

Slow one today. I covered Snakey Lane and "the Bunker" area. Got me thinking...always dangerous! First thought was...what was my best sighting of last year. Strange...why? Well "the Bunker" area was where I saw it!

Jay 8/5/20

Over the years I've heard many comments regarding the South Holderness area as being..."flat". I prefer undulating! The view from the crest of "Bunker Hill" confirms this...


A fine view of the Humber Estuary can be had...on a clear day. I could even see the Swans at Skeffling!

Zoom

Might have to bring my scope up? Nah...only count what's IN, not what's seen from. This Buzzard let me get reasonably close...


My second memory from last year which I omitted from my summary...was the BIG ONE. No, not the ALBATROSS...but the LAMMERGEIER...

12/7/20

Regardless of status, it was just an incredible experience to witness this species in English air space...I even saw it in Yorkshire! Even if it did nearly finish me off!!

Tomorrow is forecast to be a cracker. So I aim to be up early for my exercise...


No comments: