Thursday 28 January 2021

Trudge

Grim morning here weather wise, so we saved our walk for the afternoon and headed down to Old Hive. It was still dull with a constant drivel but you have to get out...right?

The cliff has inevitably crumbled in several places due to the saturated ground, making the walk more taxing in the soft mud...

It's definitely taking a stud!

It was pleasing to see that"our" two Stonechats are remaining faithful to the area. On the return a group of small birds wheeled over the field and cliff. They could only be one species...Snow Buntings. I'll just say 20+. NEVER to be taken for granted and wonderful to have in the Village.

I did say I wouldn't mention the pandemic...didn't I? I will say this. The strategy for dealing with it seems to vary widely from Country to Country. We may be different races but we are the same species!

No comments: