Thursday 21 March 2019

Wheatears!

There HAD to be more around today with the continuing SW wind.

There were!

I had a couple North of Seaside lane early morning but they were very skittish, feeding intensely so I let them be...

They love a rock!
What about Out Newton?

I'd always fancied the ruins behind Cliff Farm for a Wheatear fall...


Today it happened. I enjoyed a pleasant hour watching 4 birds at close proximity in the afternoon sun. I have to get what I can in these here parts, so today was special.

The birds stayed faithful to the ruins for the vast majority of the time, only shooting over the cliff and feeding on the adjacent farmland on a few occasions.

A series of images to set the scene...










Today was a GOOD day!


Finishing off with a singing Chiffchaff (P.80,H.40) in the yard at dusk...

No comments: