Wednesday 20 March 2019

Village arrivals

Early morning up Seaside produced my first Goldcrest (P.80, H.40) of the year.

It's not often, if at all, you can pip the chaps down the road but yesterdays Wheatear was the first of the Year apparently!

So today, I tried to find one in the Village. I walked North and South along the cliff but no joy. A warm SW breeze (18C) gave hope of more arrivals. Sure enough, one turned up mid-afternoon. Richard beat me to it having one North of Seaside Lane.

Time to try and get a photo...as well as a Year tick of course! I soon located the bird but it was very active feeding constantly at various points along the cliff top....


First view (H.41)
I spent the next 30 minutes enjoying this fresh Spring arrival in the glorious sunshine...
 
 
 
 
A cracker...
 
 
Back down t'hill for the last hour. No Owls or Harriers tonight! Still, I was more than pleased with a male Stonechat perched on the crop as I arrived! By the time I'd sorted myself out it had flown into the setting sun but I managed a record shot...
 
(P.81, H.42)
A nice surprise indeed.
 
It was also very nice to see Yellowhammers. 2 pairs were present and showing well. First a female...
 
 
...then a male...
 
 
Lovely birds and colour in the late afternoon light.


No comments: