Thursday 25 October 2018

Snakey

I have to mention this is the last week before the clocks go back...grim!

So...I'm trying to make the most of the glorious weather before this eventuality occurs. After my gallivanting, I'm conscious of trying to cut down on travel...and fuel costs!

Birding first...Blogging second.

Yesterday I drifted down the road on the news of a Waxwing. Always worth a look. The radio came in handy as I was photographing Fieldfares in Church Field...

Fresh in!
I pulled over and made my way to the Kew viewing area...and there it was...

Waxwing (P.165, S.125)
I then spent a pleasant hour in Canal Scrape hide. I was hoping for a Ring Ouzel but no luck. I did see a couple of Black-tailed Godwits...




Little Grebes...


Plenty of family parties of Deer...


Today, I spent the morning walking the Village...and had some success. It was a fantastic late Autumn day. Crystal clear light complimented with golden foliage...

Seaside Lane
Managed a distant pic of one of the local GS Woodpeckers...


The last member of a group of 15 LT Tits...


The highlight was a fly-over male Crossbill (P.166, H.117)...a red bullet in the blue sky. Then amazingly..a Grey Wagtail (H.118) in the road!

Then the Thrushes started to arrive...



Fieldfare
I'd seen a "pale" Buzzard on a few occasions down Snakey lane. Today I saw it much better...


Then it was gone...


Further down the lane I had a closer encounter...






One of the advantages of living on the coast is to experience the thrill of these wonderful birds making landfall.

Love thrushes...


No comments: