Saturday 13 October 2018

Slooooow

...for October.

Yet it IS October. Oh for a bone fide MEGA. Not some dodgy split!!

Yep...I'd still tick it...if it was reasonably accessible BUT would it be a...RUSH...er...NO!

A distinct lack of Easterlies has limited activity locally yet things haven't kicked in significantly despite bucket loads of Westerlies?

There's still time. 

I had a couple of hours walking the triangle this afternoon. I had a reasonable attempt at the Olive-backed Pipit in a very strong wind. Needless to say I didn't see it. I did pick out a Ring Ouzel distantly in flight heading towards Canal Scrape. As I completed my circuit I noticed a bit of excitement at the OBP gathering. Fieldcraft was sadly lacking in some instances!  Apparently it was seen briefly. I didn't rejoin the admirers...

No comments: