Sunday 21 October 2018

Scilly

For many years we would have been on the Fortunate Isles this week. I do miss it BUT circumstances do not allow this year. I do hope to return in future years.

You've read all my pontificating regarding strategy and missed MEGAS etc. The bottom line is...experiences...and a week on Scilly is most definitely a wonderful experience. You need luck to be in the right place at the right time...as I was last Sunday afternoon. We've had some wonderful weeks on Scilly...whilst dipping some British Ticks...WILSON'S WARBLER and YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO to name two. Not that I remember these things!

The next week is prime for another "BIGGY" with the 23rd being my annual forecast!

Yesterday morning I tried Skeffling for our constitutional. It paid off with a brief Hen Harrier right by the car park on arrival..

Five fingers
Pale chest suggesting adult female
 

No comments: