Wednesday 4 April 2018

CYPRUS 18 - Day 12

At last I hear you cry? Well...maybe not! Here goes anyway...

Just to refresh I'd seen my life BLUE-CHEEKED BEE-EATER the day before. Any excuse for a name drop.

Wednesday 21st

The BCBE was reported at dusk in the harbour the previous evening, so guess were I headed pre-dawn! I joined the fisherman and joggers by the quayside. Needless to say a clear, warm morning. It had reported by the Port Authority building and red speedboat, I found the spot and waited. A long shot...but worth it. Then I heard it! Flying in from the east over the harbour and landing on the Jolly Rodger...


Great stuff!

I managed to sneak one from below in the early morning light...


Then around 6.30 it flew west into the Archaeological site. It's a large area. Anyway, I gave it a go...and got lucky...


Don't be too impressed. I figured yesterdays tree would be favourite...and it was! Great to see it again in the now clear morning sunshine. I was getting the full treatment on my latest LIFER.

A few more...




It's all about special moments like this...for me...


After letting other birders know I returned to the apartment for breakfast.

A male Desert Wheatear had been reported at the nearby Timi Beach. This ticked all the boxes...great bird and beach location for Louise! We parked by the Pergola and I started to search the immediate area while she set her stall out. Within ten minutes I was enjoying great views...



A good morning!



After lunch we had a ride up to Aspro' Dam for the first time. Louise went for a walk while I scanned the dam. Blue Rock Thrush female...


I also had a Black-eared Wheatear briefly.

The morning definitely "had it" though...

No comments: