Monday 30 April 2018

Back in the game

Busy weekend over at my Mother's. She's developed a problem with her eyes. Hopefully it can be sorted out quickly.

Today I searched hard for a lingering Pied Flycatcher in the Village. No luck but I did add Blackcap (H.71) to the year list. Mid-afternoon found me down at Sammy's point in a near gale force northerly. I DID get a glimpse of a PF (P.106, S.75) but it was far from satisfying. On the return walk I heard the tell-tale call of a lone Whimbrel (S.76)...


A lone Avocet was a surprise...


A report of a Wryneck on the road near the car park was definitely worth checking out. My hopes weren't high and nothing was seen. I was going to head back but  remembered that a PF had been seen at Cliff Farm earlier in the day. I parked up and tried the sheltered Crown and Anchor bushes. No joy.

So, across the road to view the Cliff Farm garden. First scan...a black and white bird on a wall...


Great stuff!

To see one of these stunners on migration in Spring is ALWAYS special. To see one feeding at close quarters along the road by Kew was more than I could have hoped for.

A few more...



A poor day weather wise but if you look hard enough, there's always something to brighten your day...


 
 
The merry month of May is upon us tomorrow. Let's hope it's a good one. I'm starting mine at Duff...
 

 

No comments: