Tuesday 12 January 2016

Here and there

A couple of Patch year ticks at Skeffling this morning. Around 50 Golden Plover flew inland around 10.30. Hiding well around the drain were c6 Pintail. I eventually managed to grab an image. Did I mention it was dull again!

Always a fine sight
Obviously plenty of surface water in the adjacent farm fields giving plenty of great extra habitat for the birds. Many Brent Geese (c50), Curlew (c80), Lapwing (c500) and Redshank (c40) about.

As I passed over the drain at Patrington Haven I saw my first Heron of the year. Further down the road I flushed a group of Stock Doves which landed again at mid-distance...


After a visit to Ottringham Post Office at 2 I decided to visit Spurn to try for the reported White-fronted Geese in the triangle. Fortunately they were visible from the road which saved me a hobble. They were associating with the Greylags. They spent most of the time hunkered down in the inclement conditions but I managed to get an image eventually.




No comments: