Monday 11 January 2016

DAVID BOWIE 1947 - 2016

    THE GREAT MAN HAS LEFT US. A very sad day.                                                                                     
    Just a few personal words. I was 15 when this came out. I was into soul music but this was sooo different...and brilliant!!! Always found him a modest genius. Again I say, Legend is a much over-used word. David Bowie WAS another true Legend from a golden age of music, up there with Elvis, John Lennon, Freddie Mercury, Rod Stewart and Elton John amongst others. I consider myself so fortunate to have grown up with this music. Especially when I compare it to the dross of today...                                                                                                                                                 
    Alan Whitehead (old fart and proud of it)

No comments: