Thursday 14 January 2016

Local stars

Great start today in more ways than one. Firstly, no rain as forecast. Secondly a great Village year tick. Bud seemed to be keener than normal to relieve himself so I pulled over just as I left the Village. Bingo...Mistle Thrush...


A decent Patch tick to be honest. A bird you sort of (hopefully) just come across.

Down to Kilnsea Wetlands then. Another bonus was a perched Barn Owl at Out Newton which unfortunately disappeared before I could get a shot. Once there I headed for the hide. The Slavonian Grebe was still present but distant. The male Goldeneye was far more accommodating...


I also had a distant Short-eared Owl hunting near Beacon Ponds...


I left around 11.

The weather was deteriorating. I had a drive down Snakey lane on my way home and I'm glad I did. I'd seen a group of Geese on Sunday morning but I didn't have time to stop as I had to pick Bud up from the kennels. This time I looked more carefully...

White-fronted
Pink-footed
Excellent local records.

No comments: