Friday 22 March 2019

After the Lord Mayor's...

Tied up this morning with my thumb check. All good with the physio but rather stiff, so more manipulation needed.

After finally getting home around 3 after a series of bus journeys I needed some fresh air. I decided to do a reccy from "the Runnel" to Out Newton to see if any Wheatears were still present. I couldn't see any North to "the Runnel" so I doubled back and headed for "Old Hive". As I passed the horse paddocks I checked the grass for birds...


 2 distant Wheatears
 Maybe they were sheltering from the wind. Plenty of Blackbirds but no Ring Ouzel (birds have been reported today). No sign of any early Sand Martins at OH. Onward to ON. Yesterdays feast in the ruins was sadly lacking today as the birds had moved on.

Four miles covered and no luck with Whoopers or maybe a Red Kite. I was there though!

In a way it added to the appreciation of yesterdays action...

No comments: