Saturday 27 October 2018

POMARINE SKUAS - AVD!

Seawatch from the car this am. The weather is ...DIABOLICAL!

BUT...

I finally saw my PS...and AVD (any view desired) turned to BVD (better view desired).

4 birds flew South together by the yellow buoy (0.76 miles...thanks Phil) at 9.39. Great views during a window in the weather.

Plenty of wildfowl on the move. Large flocks of Teal and Wigeon, some South, some North! I also had two groups of Brents North, very close in.

Hammering it down at the moment, hence the post. Hail!! I'll have another sesh this afternoon...maybe?



I did return... BUT the weather was worse!

An interesting report of 10 Hooded Crows at Flamboro' late afternoon gives hope of a possible Holmpton addition tomorrow. How's that for optimism!

Another report of 515 Pomarine Skuas past Hornsea was...amazing!

No comments: