...not seconds!
I dropped in at Duff yesterday morning on my way over to Lancs for "The Mother" visit. I arrived before Haydn and had some luck with Blackcap (male and female), Whitethroat (family of 4) and Song Thrush around the car park Rowans.
Once we were in the Hide we started to search. It was tough going as the drought continues but there's always hope... right?
Remarkably there's still water on the Scrape! A couple of Herons were present and a Little Egret was attracted later. We enjoyed a pleasant 2+ hours. Highlight for me was a Lesser Whitethroat by the Hide, which was a Year Tick (107). Stock Doves came and went and 3 Snipe lifted briefly across the Scrape just before we left. Haydn had a couple of Collared Doves which are scarce here.
As we reached our cars a pair of Bullfinches flew over the field, another Year Tick! (108).
Not so quiet after all...
Amazing news of a YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER at Liverpool Docks. A First. Obviously Ship-assisted...(I won't open that door). No further sign makes it academic. We all have SA records on our Lists?
No comments:
Post a Comment