Saturday 21 September 2024

September Morn'

Today was one of those special Autumnal mornings. A hint of mist and dew, soon burnt off by the rising sun...marvellous. I spent a couple of hours checking out sites around the lanes and cliff but alas I couldn't locate anything significant. The best being a couple of Yellowhammers in the cliff hedge...which is unusual...


News raining in from along the coast but nothing here. Disappointing...but I'm used to it! Makes discoveries more special...I keep telling myself lol!! The company was good and the weather was stunning.

A few from the Cliff Hedge...




I spent a couple of days over at my Mother's midweek and we had a nostlagic trip to Lytham St Annes. Most enjoyable, in again, superb weather...

Not bad for 93...my Mother that is!

On the way over I stopped off at Duff...surprise surprise. Dry as a bone and hay collected...


There's always a chance of something though...and something turned up on the "scrape"...



My second record this Year, after an early sighting on January 4th.

Early hours of Wednesday I rose...not to Bird...but to enjoy this...

Partial Lunar Eclipse

A quick pic' of one of my Dahlias. Undoubtedly the largest I've grown, coming in at 6 feet...


...and to think, I thought it hadn't survived the Winter!!

Time to try yet again...

No comments: