Friday 12 November 2021

YORKSHIRE LIST - Update

Plenty of long dark evenings to come now (a cheerful start) so I need to find some topics to share with you...as well as continuing to report sightings of course!

I've just updated my Yorkshire List (click to view) spreadsheet and I've also been looking at the gaps in that List. So, below is a list of Birds I need that I could/would have seen except for circumstances e.g. Holidays, Family and Work commitments...

BAIKAL TEAL - Holiday (Spurn bird rejected - a decision I don't agree with)

STILT SANDPIPER - Holiday

RED-NECKED STINT - I'd just started and could possibly have seen this bird with more experience

BLUE-CHEEKED BEE-EATER - Holiday

PENDULINE TITI'd just started and could possibly have seen this bird with more experience

CRAG MARTIN - Twice!!! Family commitment then Holiday

AQUATIC WARBLER - Holiday

LANCEOLATED WARBLER - Family commitment

PALLAS'S GRASSHOPPER WARBLER - missed by seconds at Spurn. I blame myself for not radioing ahead!

MAMORA'S WARBLER - I made it to this one at Spurn but the light was fading and I couldn't be sure of the ID in a brief view.

ROCK THRUSH - Holiday

PARROT CROSSBILL I'd just started and could possibly have seen this bird with more experience

A few to look forward to and maybe something new? 2 to go to my target...

A PINE GROSBEAK would be nice...


No comments: