Wednesday 10 November 2021

Belter (2)

Back to Preston for dawn. I tried the River Ribble further West at Walton-le-dale. I walked East along the North bank for 3 miles...and back of course! Another great walk in fine scenery...


I gave it till 1pm when the rain yet again arrived...a regular occurrence in Lancashire as I remember well! Love my County of birth BUT don't miss the weather.

I never saw another Birder but plenty of Fishermen. I had a good chat with quite a few of them. None of them could shed any light on the report or the reporter.

A forlorn search? Not in my book. In it to win it...and all that. The thought of finding the bird, no matter how remote, was enough to motivate me. Also, if someone else had found it, I was handily placed. Maybe this particular story isn't over yet but it is for me...for now.

This incredible late Autumn continues with a NUTCRACKER reported in far NE Scotland at Dunnet Bay. No further sign as of writing. Fortunately I saw the extremely tame Staffs bird in 1991 which saves me another potentially long trip North. 

Phew...I need a rest!!!

No comments: