Monday 8 November 2021

Back "On Patch"

A leisurely stroll North this morning with the team. Gavin had mentioned a flock of Snow Buntings South of the Sewage. Always a pleasure to see. No sign as we headed North but after enjoying the superb Autumn weather some more, we returned South and there they were, bobbing around the stubble, then ending up on the beach...

I can't recall many occasions when I've seen SB lingering on a beach. As we continued South the birds took flight then once again dropped down onto the beach...

There were 17 birds in total; a decent flock that I'm hoping will linger for a while yet. They always brighten up the short day. As we started to head West along the Runnel towards the car a large white bird rose up over the hedge...

Little Egret!

H.129

This was my first record for the Village since January 1st, 2017 and my first Year Tick for over a month. The bird landed further down the ditch briefly before flying high North.

No comments: