Saturday 25 January 2020

That was the week...then STELLER'S EIDER!

Plenty happening on a personal level this week, most of which I won't bore you with...you'll be pleased to hear!

Have to mention that my faithful old Volvo has finally gone to that great scrapyard in the sky...well, it will on Monday. Limited funds these days meant a quick look on the internet for another V70 (of course) in my price range. Took a gamble (isn't it always) on a 57 plate south of Birmingham. Hopefully she'll keep me going for a year or two...or more?

Of course, as my car transition is in progress the good old STELLER'S EIDER re-appears! Obviously wintering around the Island, a combination of inclement weather and (very) limited observer coverage. Encouragingly, history suggest it may be there for quite some time, as previous records on Scottish Islands reflect...especially Papa Westray. Also moult may play a part...can you hear straws being clutched?!

What to do?

I won't be dashing back! I'd like to but circumstances don't permit. Still maintaining my ASAP mantra...it's just not possible at the moment. My latest edition needs a FULL service before I consider putting 1100 miles on her and that can't happen until a week on Monday. I can't afford another blow up. I will then have the time?

An interesting forced experiment then. It might mean a tick but it won't have the excitement of my dip!!! Hopefully though...a positive outcome?

Time will tell...

No comments: